Stable And Removable Prosthetics That Restore Your Teeth
The mouth has many parts that perform vital functions. The teeth, gums, tongue, palate, and jaw have a significant role. Together they contribute to human speech, food consumption, and smiles. Missing tooth or teeth has a negative impact on the patient’s mindset and personality. Replacement teeth or partial dentures are prescribed as an effective remedy. This helps the patient to feel more confident and interact better with others.
Some types of prostheses are supported by the patient’s natural teeth. But, partial dentures have unique features that make them a challenge:
- The patient assessment has to be conducted in a systematic and professional way.
- There is no room or scope for errors as they may have a negative effect.
- Potential risks are normally associated with oral sensations while speaking or eating.
- The total amount of desired prosthetic material also requires more intense thought.
- Removable partial dentures are prescribed and fitted only after complete diagnosis.
- The clinical examination includes a thorough study of medical and dental history.
- The dentist also studies, analyses, and interprets the patient’s X-ray results.
- A complete treatment plan is prepared only after patient’s consent.
Diagnosis and Preparation:
Dentists and technicians closely collaborate in partial dentures treatment. The patient and his or her mouth are both prepared with keenness.
- The dentist relates to the patient and removes all his doubts, anxieties, and fears.
- The consultation focuses on information pertaining to diet and expectations.
- Associated habits such as clenching, thrusting, and bruxism are also assessed.
- Conditions that require immediate attention are identified with accuracy.
- Patient’s psychology and preparedness is assessed for the cast or impression.
- Diagnostic aid like mounted cast procedure is carried out in a successful manner.
- The patient is educated about the technicalities, risks, and short comings.
- Mouth preparation is directed to achieve a positive response from the patient
- Those in a positive state of mind do not get stressed during cast analysis.
- The teeth and tissue get preserved more efficiently during oral examination.
- Mounted casting is useful in positioning and simulation of natural movements.
- Stability, retention, support, upper and lower teeth contact are studied closely.
- The dentist completes a periodontal exam to check all the oral structures.
- Removable partial dentures are prescribed and designed for daily usage.
Prosthetics and Treatment
Once the diagnosis is completed, a suitable treatment plan is executed. Provisional treatment and periodontal therapy is carried out. There are different types of replacements which are fixed or removable. The partial dentures are designed with an eye on abnormalities. These prosthetics are effective only if a patient is responsible and keen. The success or failure of dentures depends on physical and psychological factors.
- A single missing tooth is replaced with a stable, fit, and robust prosthesis.
- For some patients, the tooth and supporting tissue are designed to perfection.
- Temporary or removable dentures are meticulously crafted using evaluated data.
- The mouth preparation and allied treatments also contribute to successful outcome.
- Partial dentures are initially placed and adjusted or corrected for contours.
- The pink, acrylic bases require adequate support and some adjustments.
- Patient has to maintain oral hygiene and keep away from bad habits.
- A patient has many expectations, while the dentist focuses on reasonable goals.
- Complete elimination of the periodontal disease with dentures and medicines.
- Preserve the remaining healthy mouth tissue, gums, and oral structures.
- Restore aesthetic features like the smile along with functional efficiency.
- Improve a patient’s psychology to improve his social and professional life.
- Helps to speak better, if your speech has changed due to missing teeth.
In short, following the above instructions is very important to keep a healthy smile.